Wednesday, April 23, 2014




The first Easter in a new home... I transported a few of my plants from the old place, including two purple Hyacinths, some Snowdrops and the tiny purple flowers that resemble Snowdrops and are known apparently to those in Eastern Europe more than elsewhere.  They did not take the transition too well but one hopes that they will recover to bloom next Spring.

Meanwhile, having seen more evidence of Southwestern U.S. landscaping here than anything else, I was saddened by the reality that almost every other house in the neighbourhood had a vast array of daffodils but this house had none...

Or so I thought until I found a single daffodil blooming next to the Blue Spruce in front of the house!  How magical but how lonely!  I took a photograph of it.

More imposing is the glorious Weeping Cherry in the garden behind the house next to the hot tub.  I have a splendid view of it from my bedroom window and clipped a few sprigs to set in a vase as well.  It is an exquisite tree, redolent of Asian beauty.