Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Music and Television Shows

Confined essentially to a recliner, however elegant and comfortable for most of the day and night in a room without a television, I have explored all the mobile device possibilities, including Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu.  After the surgical procedure, I was forced to be in a rather sad rehab facility for a week... not a private room, which meant that I had more than my fill of television shows with adverts.  Thank God for Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime as well as Daily Motion, where I can watch what I want without the intrusion of commercial messages.

What is interesting, apart from the discovery of some good dramas and comedies is the music they have brought in their wake.  I do not like radio for the same reason I dislike television... the adverts drive me round the bend.  Further, I don't see why any one else should dictate what noise or music invades my space and radio is all about the egos  and taste of the various announcers.

So here is my list of songs I have discovered through the shows I have liked best recently:

A show called 'The Good Wife', originally on CBS but now available on Hulu (7 Seasons!) has a marvelous scene that features Jane Jensen's delightful song, 'Luv Song'....  kind of a surprising juxtaposition of action and music but very powerful and quite amusing!

Luv Song

A show called 'Betas' on Amazon Prime that seeks to rival my favourite 'Silicon Valley' features as its theme a song by Telekinesis called 'Power Lines'.

Silicon Valley recently, quite aptly featured an old song called 'Pied Piper' by Crispin St. Peters.

I will try to think of some others.